As a website owner, you would wish to have people look at your website. Search engines can bring you a lot of traffic if your website is listed on the first page with important keywords. You could optimize your site for seach engines so that they could find your site and consider it to be good enough for certain keywords. Here are a few tips:
1. Make your website useful for visitors by adding lots of information. Study other websites and try to include as many features as possible. Adding information and content will automatically add more keywords.
2. Allot a single page for each topic or concept so that you can optimize each and every page with a particular set of keywords. Many people put emphasis on just the home page. This is not a wise approach because a little attention to all pages all other pages could do wonders to bring in more visitors.
3. Save each page with a term related to the theme of the page so that the url indicates the content of the particular page.
4. Use static urls instead of dynamic urls:
Static urls are simpler and easier for search engines to find. Example of static url:
Dynamic urls are produced as a result of a query from user. Many websites have a form, for example, let’s say to search an item. The content retrieved by such a search/query is called dynamic content and the associated url is called a dynamic url. Example of dynamic url:
Such pages with dynamic urls are rarely indexed by search engines. What you can do is: Do not put here any content that you would like to optimize. Instead place the content in a page with static url. Now place the link of the content(link of the page with static url) on this page (with dynamic url). The users will find this link and click on it to get the content. In this way search engines will find it as it’s url is static and the users can search as well.
5. Issues with Flash, Frames, and Ajax.
Search engines can’t find the content inside flash applications. Moreover Flash takes time to load which could be disliked by users.
Frames with scroll bars do not look nice. Framed sites without scroll bars still look better. Normally SEs cannot spider content inside frames. If you want search engines to crawl inside the frames, use the ‘noframes’ tags. Refer this for help
One of the uses of Ajax is that it changes the content of a page or a part of it without reloading the page. For this it uses the ‘onclick’ event. The irony is that users like it while search engines do not. The pages which your Ajax will retrieve after the ‘onclick’ event will not be spidered by SEs. What you can do is: Use it only for those pages which you think does not need optimization.
6. Test your site with multiple browsers and get a feel of how it looks in Microsoft IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera,Netscape, etc.
7. Avoid pop-ups and loud sound as users find it ‘distracting’.
8. Use keywords in meta tags. You must note that specifying the title and description in the meta tags is very important. Use your keywords in the title and in the description. Make the desciption interesting with relevant information about what your site offers. Sometimes only this could be enough to enhance your rankings in SEs.
Mobile Phones-Reviews and Downloads